Saturday, December 09, 2006

A Trip to the Belgian Promised Land ...

Subtitled: Neil and the Stella Factory ...

As I close in on my final few weeks in Leuven, I got the opportunity to make the obligatory pilgrimage to the Stella Artois brewery (by appointment only) ... the juggernaut that fuels the economy and spirits of this university town, and is, in a word, omnipresent.

The technological heart of Leuven ! -- Monitored like a nuclear power plant, and not one person to be found playing Solitaire or MineSweeper ...

Some of the vast (*echo* vast, vast) sea of brewing drums ...

The beginnings of a labyrinth of beer kegs ... incredulous, I kept looking out for umpaloompas

The Stella experience is not complete without training and evaluation in beer pouring technique ...
Now I can officially consider myself having lived in Leuven !

No comments: