Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Somehow it's still sunny outside ...

Making the most of my first sick day in Belgium --

... Frustrated that chicken noodle soup is so difficult to find here ... I had to settle for this box of a creepy green ninja (whose pupils clearly tell us he's suffering through some sort of cholinergic crisis ... which then begs the question of what are in those little squares ?!?) offering me these tasty chocolate treats that have absolutely no business being a breakfast cereal ...

As if that wasn't enough:

... Missing a birthday party for a Spanish friend (and from what I hear, you DON'T want to miss Spanish birthday parties)
... Missing a symposium entitled "Jihad vs. McWorld" (personally, if given that very bleak choice, I might have found myself rooting for Jihad)
... Received an invitation in the mail (the first mail I've gotten that hasn't been from the police ... yay!) to a good friend's wedding next month in Reno ... tragic timing

Also tasked with submitting my Master's Thesis proposal before midnight (although I think that is unrelated to the violent illness) ...

The moral of this story, there are occasionally sour days in Shangri-la


To end/redeem this episode on a high note ... there is this car that keeps parking on my street ... one day I'll find this Wincor chap and find out what he did with my final "f" ...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sorry you are sick, I had something last week that wasn't fun either...should we bring chicken noodle soup in case there is a next time??? and do find out what that guy did with our other "f"...hope you feel better and will be interested to find out what your topic will be for your thesis.

Brian J. said...

aye I might root for Jihad as well... hope you start feeling better-- I'll pray to the green ninja and request that he bestow him healing powers upon you... or maybe not. But hey those look pretty tasty.

And I think I know what happened to the F-- he washed it off and put it inside a sharpie-- and I'm sure he'd be indebted to you if you kindly bought a sharpie and restored his missing F to it's full glory. :-)

(Heck, if you did a good enough job he might not even notice right away... and not only would he be overjoyed when he found out but can you imagine the hours of amusement he would get from pondering the mystery of the return of the prodigal f?)

Brian J. said...

oops *his

Unknown said...

Brian clearly is a genius, and you should follow his advice blindly, without question.