Saturday, April 07, 2007

Loose Ends All Tied Up ...


My final few days in the Netherlands have been rather intense ... finishing exams, struggling to complete my thesis, working on a few manuscripts ... we will see whether this addiction follows me to Italy, or if pasta will be enough to occupy my attention ...



Competing with this alleged productivity ... an indulgence in the sights and smells of a welcomed Dutch Spring ... A visit to Keukenhof Gardens, the largest flower garden in Europe open only two months a year, with more colors than an enormous Crayola box !


I've posted more pictures of this and my journeys to Budapest and Vienna on my secondary Flickr site (I maxed out the free limits of the first one) ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/7761422@N08/ ...



Tonight I got to witness a lopsided 2-1 slogging of Eredivisie powerhouse PSV Eindhoven by the home side of NEC - Nijmegen ... a beautiful fairwell to my days as a temporary Nederlander (an eendagvliegen, of sorts)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm voting for Pasta!!